Followers




Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Randomness

Hi all...No new baby news..just wanted to blog today. Well I guess the only new baby news I would have is that I am starting to feel the little "banana" move around some more. Not too much but enough to know that every once in awhile shim is doing a dance of some kind. I am also noticing the longer I stay on my feet the more they hurt. Seems waaaaaaaay to soon for that but whatever...I guess it doesn't matter if I think it's too early for that or not. They hurt either way.

Summer is so exhausting and I never really knew how exhausting it was until Jackson actually started school and we actually started having official "summers". But wow..these kids get bored easily. That's why I love going to the pool so much. It's free entertainment and they can last for quite awhile. Right now the kids are going to VBS at night, which they absolutely love!! I admit, it seems late (6:30 - 9:00) because by the time we get home and teeth brushed and medicine it's almost 10 before they go to bed but they are out pretty quickly. Of course, they don't sleep in the next morning..at least not like you would think they would.

My 31st birthday was pretty uneventful but that is really what I expected. Actually I enjoyed it a lot. I love uneventful, relaxing days. I did want to go work out but the kids didn't want to go up there with me so I let them win that one...I figured i can make up for it on Saturday morning. There is something so rewarding about working out when you are pregnant. I mean I think there is something rewarding about working out when you aren't pregnant too but it's so different when you are with child. It's like you aren't competing against any other skinny person in there. It's obvious you aren't in there to loose weight...you can't go full throttle and run faster than the girl next to you on the treadmill but more than that it just feels good. Like you know you aren't doing this to loose weight, you aren't going to loose weight so I could easily throw in the towel and forget it but for some reason..it makes me want to do it more. Maybe because there are no expectations but it feels good to do something good for my body and my growing babies. It feels awesome. So everytime I get another work out under my belt, it's definitely a feat for me! Sorry I went a little off the subject there...Jacob got me a phone for my bday and honestly his best card yet. He gets me cards all the time, for no reason at all. They always HAVE to be from hallmark and have to be the 'between you and me' kind. (these are jacob's standards not mine) And well..the card he got me for my birthday this year has taken the cake. They are all perfect but this one was the best. I cried..actually I don't know if I cried because how heart felt the card was or because I am growing another human being. Probably both.

So it's another year I don't have my kids for the 4th of July, or for Jackson's birthday but this will be the last year. Lindsey and I made a deal and well I just have to hope he sticks to it. If he doesn't then I have the law on my side for next year. We are going to friends of the family for the 4th. I'm not big on the fireworks display, I never really have been but I do look forward to the pool...oh and all the food. Which reminds me, if none of you have read Allison's blog with her recipe on her baked potato salad or casserole..now I can't remember what it is...but the recipe is on her blog. It sounds so delicious I can't wait to attempt to make it. It actually sounds quite simple which is why I am going to give it a go!! I will let you know how it turns out Alli.

Well my kids are bored now so we are going to go find something fun to do!!! Pool is closed today..!! That is the worst!

Amy B.

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, it is so freaking easy and goooood. The "between you and me" cards at Hallmark are the best! I knew I liked Jacob for a reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im pretty sure I have not even been in a hallmark since I was in middle school and use to walk around the mall. Back in the day when there was a North Hills Mall and people use to go there. I dont even know where there is a hallmark store. Arent they really expensive there though? I usually just pick a card and then write the remainder of what I wanted to say. I have to pick cards that have enough room for that of course.
    PS: Im glad you can feel your "banana" (ha ha). Thats the VERY BEST part of being pregnant! I cant wait!!!!!!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!!