Followers




Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh Baby!!


Well we went to the Dr. yesterday. I totally thought that was going to be a long visit. It was the glucose challenge one...so I had to drink my orange...(way more disgusting than I remember) drink 30 minutes before my appt..but they couldn't take my blood until an hour after I had finished it...so 9:35...but I got called back really quickly. Saw the doctor really quickly. Everything checked out good...weight is still okay...I just hate climbing numbers..pregnant or not...but hey..it's inevitable right? She told me that they have new ways of doing Anesthesia...or something and she would tell me about them next time I come in. She said it was very exciting and just seemed like she could not wait to tell me...Why is she torturing me? What does that mean? I want to know now!! At least I don't have to wait 4 weeks, she scheduled me back in another 3 weeks but still...I bet it's not even a big deal or something I won't even understand..I don't have a clue...I'm dying to know what it is though..Because of course I imagine she tells me that I don't have to have a shot in my spine...that would be great wouldn't it? For all of us..that we could just drink some really good tasting beverage and it would cause us to go numb from the waste down...Hey a girl can dream can't she?? Got my results back, she said i passed my glucose and iron test with flying colors!!! That's always good to hear! And since the last visit Jacob and I have decided not to tie the tubes. Don't get me wrong..we don't want anymore kids..Three is still enough for us BUT we did have our own reasons for deciding not to tie them up. My doctor also told Jacob that if, when she gets "in there" and sees that the scar tissue is too bad or my uterus is too thin and it would be too dangerous for me to have another C-Section then she will recommend that I tie my tubes. She told Jacob she would even have him take a look in her "surgical field" while she was doing it..so he could see as well. I'm pretty sure when she told Jacob that he vomited a little bit..he definitely dry heaved. We trust my doctor..no need to go that route!!

Oh and we did get a time for Baby Bryant to arrive. November 9th, 7:30 a.m.. And no I expect no one to be there except for my husband and maybe my mom with my kids. That's a maybe and me being totally selfish. I know I am going to want to see my kids before I go into surgery..I will be an emotional wreck I think if I don't. On the other hand, we have to be at the hospital around 5 a.m. and I know even having the kids there at 7:30 or before that is going to be early for them...and then everyone they are around will have to suffer that day for it. So maybe I need to get all my hugs and kisses out the night before. Which, thank God, that Lindsey has agreed to bring them home to me that Sunday even though it's his weekend. I don't know what I would do if he didnt' do that for me. Oh and Mom, I'm not sure if you know this or not but we wanted you to stay the night with us that Sunday night. Mmmkay!! Awesome. So on that Sunday morning I have pre-op at the hospital at 9 a.m....more blood drawn and paper work!! Yeah!! Which, speaking of blood work, when I got it done Monday at my appt. I realized it's not the needle that really hurts or makes me feel uncomfortable..it's when the blood is being "sucked" from my body..it's the most uncomfortable feeling ever. I don't know how to describe it but that is when I said, "OUCH!" !!! I thought that was weird..but it makes sense now. Needles don't really hurt all that much..It's crazy to think that after my next appt. I will only have 9 weeks left!!

I am so excited!!! We bought a take home outfit for a girl and a boy. First thing we have purchased since finding out we are having a baby. I was just grinning from ear to ear when we left the store. I know, it seems silly, but it makes it so much more real for some reason. We have also gone through a lot of baby clothes...Jackson and Ella's...And we have been able to find a ton of newborn clothes for a boy..problem is..Jackson is a summer baby...so the seasons and outfits don't match up with this one..luckily I'm pretty sure we got some of Caleb's and Ashton's in the mix so I think we can get buy. Ella's on the other hand I have found 3 newborn outfits from all the clothes I have gone through. And I think they must be Abby's because they are summer outfits...which again..won't work..I need to find Ella's...she was a winter baby. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Crystal is going to come through for me!! Either way it's been sort of fun going through all of this stuff together. A pain too..mostly on the lower back..sitting there and pulling them out and refolding and rebagging and relabeling..and figuring out where to put all of it in the mean time...but still fun!! I mean didn't I just make that sound like so much fun!!

I also think we may be getting baby furniture this weekend. Jacob is so excited about that!! He even started talking about painting the room. I was like, "What? Really?"...I mean if he really wants to tape it and put primer on the walls who am i to stop him?? He is just so cute and so excited!! I love it!! We are very fortunate to have a friend that wants us to have that furniture and let us pay for it when we can. Thank you so much!! I love you!!! We absolutely don't need it yet but we are happy to start putting all of this together. If Jacob can put it together without the instructions..I'm a little worried. I cannot tell a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!!