Followers




Tuesday, August 18, 2009

*Sigh* Off to College...


I just texted my Mother-in-law to see how she was holding up. She is sending her youngest and only daugther (she has 4 older boys)off to college today. They drove down yesterday morning and are still hanging around getting more things for her dorm and taking her to lunch. Like she said, anything she can to prolong them having to leave. I totally have a lump in my throat right now. I just can't imagine sending my kids off to school. I will be a horrible, embarrasing mess. I know there are mixed emotions, like Greg said (hannah's dad), He is just so proud of her for doing what she is doing. But I think it must be a mom and dad thing or male and female thing. I of course would be proud but I think my sad emotions will overwhelm me. I mean, HELLO, I'm overwhelmed now and Hannah isn't even my daughter!! Why didn't anyone ever telling me that growing older is so much harder. And I don't mean me getting older..I mean my kids!!! I mean I always heard that time flies, and they grow to fast..I heard that all the time, especially when I was younger. My relatives would say that to my parents all the time. That meant nothing to me then..I didn't grasp that concept and I'm sure at the time I was thinking..., "Yes..time please fly by..I can't wait to be an adult!" Now I know better!!! Anyways Kriss...you do have three other daughters near by and I know we don't make up for Hannah Banana but we are still here if you need us!!! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. what a great picture of you all! Poor Kriss, I am sure it isn't going to be easy on her, or Greg. I hope she does great in college and enjoys every fun moment. I would love to go back to my college years, some of the best years of my life!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!!