Followers




Thursday, August 13, 2009

This one time I am permitting time to fly

Well I'm updating mainly because I can but not because I have anything exciting to add..Besides it's a blog, aren't you suppose to just upchuck your thoughts on your blog anyways? Yes..I said upchuck.

Anyways, I can't believe it's the end of the summer already. I have such mixed emotions about it. Although I think my emotions are stemming more from the fact that I have a 2nd grader who is growing up so fast I can't keep up and not because he is starting school. That part I am pretty excited about. Mainly for him..he is getting bored and I know he is really excited about starting the new school year. Okay okay..I'm excited for me to. As most of you are aware, it's hard entertaining a 7 year old for a long period of time, especially when his sister is only 4 ( i say only but again that freaks me out) and a girl...Two totally different attention spans each with their very own, very different ideas of what being entertained entails. I am sad that Jackson is 7. I know I shouldn't be. And please don't get me wrong. I am so thankful that he is 7 and that he is healthy and growing every day. I know some people don't have the luxury of saying that. So I do know it's a blessing. But I'm a mom and I'm very close to my first born. He is just so darn sweet all the time and he's my baby you know..and I can't even pick up my baby anymore...because he is getting so big. I'm just glad he still likes to cuddle with me. I know there will be a day not too far from now that he won't want to do that anymore. I just miss when he was a baby...that's okay to miss that right? I'm a mom for goodness sakes!! It's normal!! Please tell me it's normal! There was a lady at one of Jacob's spouses meetings we had for his work and I remember when she stood up to introduce herself she said her name and that she was just so happy that her kids were all grown up. I couldn't believe it!! I always tell my kids to stop growing..that they are not allowed to get any bigger!! Maybe she had horrible kids..I don't know. Maybe I'm just not there yet.

Well I think I decided..although I'm not positive..and if you know me..I never am. But I think I want a boy. I mean of course I will take either..I ultimately want healthy but a lot of people ask me which do I prefer. My answer is normally I have one of each so I don't really care. And I don't think that I do but I know Jacob would love a boy. I think I am more just curious to see what our own girl would look like but if that's the case I am curious to see what our son would look like too. I just can't imagine. I think all of my nephews look like their dad...Caleb looks like his mom a little and Abby is beginning to look more like Caleb...but I also think my sister and brother-in-law resemble one another. Dark hair, big dimples...I don't know..to say one looks like Nick is to say that it also resembles their mom. Now Jared and Lisa don't look anything a like...and Maddox looks just like Jared. I don't really know what all of that means...except I can't wait to meet this baby and see who he/she looks like!! I am so ready...I am ready Freddy!! One of our good friends just had her baby, Baby Ava, and she is beautiful. We visited them again on Sunday and I held her for a long time and Steph and I just chatted while the baby ate and it was so fun and and exciting. Everytime Jacob holds her I know he gets more anxious than ever for our baby to be here.. Like I said..I am Ready Freddy!!

I got my teeth cleaned today..I know exciting stuff right. I'm in pain. Actually now that I think about it that Tylenol is kicking in. But wow!! I guess it had been so long I had forgotten the process. I will NEVER wait that long again. Like EVER. I already scheduled my 6 month follow up in December. I'm hoping I don't bleed like a stuck pig this time. Geez...

Monday I go to the doctor for my Glucose test. I don't mind the drink..I hate the needles and the blood taking. Just can't seem to quite get use to that. I bet I get a time for November 9th on Monday too from my doctor..Just a guess I could be wrong but I'm hoping I will. I don't know why, it's not like it's right around the corner or anything. This Sunday will make it 11 weeks until the baby is here..woo hoo!! Okay it's closer than I realized. This one time I am permitting time to fly.

Lastly, and it totally doesn't matter if I add this but I just want to because I am bursting at the seams for my husband. Jacob started this new job not too long ago. In the beginning I think his expectations of himself (not the job) were just a little too far out of reach...so he would become disappointed. By in the beginning, I mean the first week or two he was in the office he was beating himself up..but he has just soared. He has totally rocked this new position and it just keeps getting better and better. He has definitely earned his place and all his accomplishments. Nothing has been given to him and I am just so proud of him for that. I just love that he is doing something that he has wanted to do for so long. This is what all the other jobs he has had in his past were leading up to..what the college courses were for..and he is there..at 24 years old..living his dream. Okay well he is starting to live his dream. And he's good at it. So honey I know I tell you this every day and I know you don't really read my blogs unless I tell you to but I just want you to know that I love you and I could not be more proud of you and your hard work!!

Awww *sigh* well...it's my day "off" so to speak and I have already got my teeth cleaned, visted Jacob at his office, visited my mother-in-law at hers..gone to lunch with my husband and now I am heading to the pool for a little while. Will go work out after that. Got my hair done and CUT this week...gosh that feels so much better and fit in my kids dentists appointments on Monday too. I feel so productive!

See you later!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You made my day look like I did nothing! I think boy/girl your baby will gorgeous! But I hope for a boy for you too! And your pregnant your teeth are going to bleed more from what I read. I totally know what you mean about your babies getting bigger. Jade wants nothing more than to be older than what she is. I told her that she should embrace this age, but she just looks at me like "whatever!"

    That is awesome for Jacob! Good to know things are going his way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted just ready about all that you did today. You were a busy girl!

    I loved reading about how proud of Jacob you are of him. He has you as his #1 fan!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!!